Sunday, December 8, 2013

Our beloved Grammie

 I am so thankful to have so many pictures of my mother with Grayson.  I tried to choose a few of my favorites to share.  Even though she was only physically able to be a part of Grayson's life for 2.5 years, the love that she had for this little boy will still carry through to him even though she is no longer here.  She lived and breathed for her children and grandchildren.  She lost her battle with lung cancer on November 7, 2013 only a short six months after being diagnosed.   It makes me sad to think that he will  not grow up with his Grammie there supporting him in everything he does like she did for me.
 
I can not put into words how much we will all miss her, but everything I do, as a mother and in all other capacities, is done with her in mind.  What she would think still means everything to me. I feel her around me everyday and I hope that never changes.  I can hear her telling me to do things, and of course I do them.  People say things to me and I know it is her trying to come through.

I am hopeful that I can be a great mother to Grayson, after all, I had the best role model.  She was the most selfless person I have ever met.  If I needed her, she was here, no questions asked.  Most times, she would come without being asked.  We were lucky that we got to see her so much, we never let more than a couple of months go by without seeing each other.  She was such an active participant in our lives.  She was on the floor playing with Grayson, dancing, doing arts and crafts, reading, and loved nothing more than having him fall asleep in the "Grammie chair."  She was the true definition of what a  grandmother should be.   The world suffered a great loss that will never be recovered.

Enjoy the pictures.  Like they did for me, I hope the memories make you smile.




















No comments:

Post a Comment