Wednesday, December 25, 2013

McGahee Visit 2013

We had a great visit with the McGahee family this past weekend.   We wish they could have stayed for longer, but we made the most out of the time we had.  We loved playing the drums together.  They are pictured many times on this blog..but notice the different outfits.....

Love this picture.  I was singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to try to get some smiles from my man and they both kept looking up.  Thought it was hysterical.
And then we were just super smiley.   Look at the pose on the hand and the ankles crossed.  James is still looking for that pesky spider on the ceiling.
"Grayson I am right here.... look at me."
Some quality play time with the shape sorter.
Introducing Baby Luke!   Just chilling on the play mat.
Three cousins.
Post nap time playing.  AKA Grayson sitting nicely trying to steal James' Fruit Loops.
Three cousins at snack time.   Well...G and J are snacking.....Little Lukey is just eyeing the bag.  "When do I get some of those?"
We took a trip up to the park to do a little swinging and sliding.
Walking home from the park.  Too exhausting for the big kids....they have their own transportation.
The Motley Crew-all the boys.
While on this trip Jennie and I had decided to get tattoos in memory of our mom.   We both took sayings that she had written off of cards or letters to us and had the tattoo artist trace them on our wrists.  Now it forever looks like she signed us.  
I had such a cool moment while getting my tattoo done.  Punk music was on the Pandora station of the radio.  When it was my turn to get in the chair, the song finished, and on came Dion and the Belmonts "Teenager in Love."  This was the song that would play when my mom and I would go to our favorite arts/crafts festival in south Florida called Woodstock.  Anytime it was on the radio she or I would call the other to listen to it together. We were all speechless as it was so different from the music that had been playing for the entire hour that we had been there.  We knew my Mom's spirit was there with us.  What an amazing day.

The finished products.  Jennie's on the top, mine on the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment