Saturday, September 28, 2013

Autism Speaks Walk 2013


This morning we participated in our first Autism related event, the Autism Speaks Walk.  After getting Grayson's diagnosis, my research about Autism began.  One of the first things I found was that this walk that was scheduled a mere 6 weeks after diagnosis.  I registered "Go Grayson Go" immediately.   I set a goal of $200, I thought that was a good place to start.  I am completely baffled and speechless that our final fundraising amount was $1,512. We were #10 out of 99 teams as far as fundraising goes.  What an amazing accomplishment!

  It warms my heart and brings me to tears to hear from people that I haven't heard from some in over a decade, showing their support. Some of these people live in state, out of state, and even in other countries.  Your donation means a great deal, but what meant more to me were the kind words that you had to share.   We are completely overwhelmed and so appreciative of the generosity and support shown by friends and family near and far. Looking at the pictures from the morning just makes my heart smile.  I am forever thankful for the people that are in our life. I consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world. It makes our journey just that more easy knowing that you are all behind us and there for us.

Dylan and Grayson before the walk.
Yael can put her "Go Grayson Go" shirt on while baby Oren is still attached to her!  What a talented lady!
Gabriella loving on Grayson.
Nice profile shot.
Most of our group!  So thankful for each one of them!!
And Grayson leads the team!!  (Too bad he wanted to go off the course a bit.)

 Family shot while walking.
There were a few booths along the route of the walk.  This one had a bubble machine.  You bet your a** that he saw those bubbles and headed right over!
He did a good job walking in the beginning.  Coaxing him with some food never hurts!
Took a little break mid-way.
Daddy with Grayson and Daphne with Cooper.
Talking another pit stop with Mommy.
I love when Uncle Andy runs around with me.
So thankful for my supportive Mom friends! They keep me sane and their support and understanding is invaluable.
Hard to get little ones to all look at the camera. We will definitely have to work on this!  Grayson and his first real friend Cooper (and their families)

Grayson with one of his baby-sitters, Brooke!
Our favorite neighbor Melanie!  So sad they are moving away from us :(
THE sweetest family I know.  I am so thankful for Aimee and Gabriella!
After the walk, we rewarded our inspiration with some pizza at our favorite restaurant!  That smile right there makes all of the hard work worth it.
Family picture.  First one of the three of us together in forever!  Thanks Uncle Andy for being our photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment